Call for talk proposals
The 2021 CFP is closed. Thank you to everyone who proposed a talk!!
- ~March 8th: Call for talk* proposals opens.~
- ~April 8th: Talk* proposal submission deadline.~
- April 18th: Notification of talk* acceptance.
- April 19th: Conference registration opens.
- April 21st: Deadline for speakers to confirm their participation.
- April 23rd: Public announcement of full speaker list.
- May 8th: Public announcement of detailed schedule.
- May 15th - 22nd: !!Con!
Speaker equipment funding
This year’s !!Con will be held entirely online! For speakers that don’t already have an audio/video setup of broadcast quality, we offer financial assistance as needed for camera and microphone equipment.
Preparing an amazing conference talk is hard work. To show our appreciation, we’re paying all our speakers a $256 (US) honorarium.
!!Con is committed to being an conference available to everyone. Your talk will be captioned live by a professional stenographer. If you need other assistance in presenting at !!Con, please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to make your speaking arrangement comfortable.
A note about time zones
Although !!Con has traditionally been a New York-based conference, we’re excited to change our format to be available to speakers – and attendees – no matter where they are! Speakers will have the option of presenting either a pre-recorded talk* or a live talk*, and although we can’t guarantee it yet, we additionally hope to have presentation slots that are accessible to speakers on many different time zones. If you’ve previously been interested in speaking at a !!Con, but the requirement to travel has made that otherwise impossible for you, we’d hope you’ll consider submitting a talk this year!